One of my favourite shopping events for the little ones is coming up in November! Since A was born three years ago, I have been going to the Mamas and Chicks Show. The big difference with this show is that almost all the vendors feature local and handmade items – seriously, the stuff is absolutely gorgeous. I wish I had a fraction of the crafty talent that these vendors have! It’s a great place to stock up on gifts for Christmas too!
The show will be taking place on Friday, November 20th at the Quality Hotel in Oshawa. The venue is stroller friendly and there are tons of amazing vendors. Some of my favourite small businesses will be there, such as :
- Eva + Dell: Anne makes beautiful handmade accessories for boys and girls – I will do a post at a later time showing off her beautiful items!
- Bearly Used: One of my favourite used clothing stores for kiddies
- Brunchkins: An awesome non-profit
- The Cupcake Place: I love baking and am pretty particular about buying baked goods. The Cupcake Place does not disappoint. I MAYuse their cake pops at every show to bribe A into taking nice photos.
- Little Miss Bows and Bands: Super sweet and girly girls headbands and accessories. When I found out I was pregnant with a girl, she was my first stop to stock up on pretty headbands for photoshoots.
- Sarita Baby: handmade baby accessories and clothing. Bibs, paci clips, toy straps, teethers. You name it, she makes it. And it is awesome quality.
- Say It Ain’t Sew: She makes beautiful and functional baby carriers. I have a ring sling from her and it is as pretty as it is comfy!
- Tara Graham Photography: She is on hand at every show to take holiday photos of kids. Beware, she gets busy so be prepared to stand in line if you come at a busy time. She is well worth the wait, and every photo I’ve gotten of A from her is fantastic!
Admission to the show is $5, but if you bring a sleeve of juice boxes to donate to Brunchkins, you will get $2 off! BUT – you can win a pair of tickets by entering below! It’s easy-peasy, all you have to do is visit the brand-spankin’ new Facebook page for Bawlers and Crawlers!
Congratulations to the winners – Laura Sanint, Julie Strazzeri, Lauren Smart-Kennedy, and Courtney Evans. I will be contacting you shortly to arrange delivery of your tickets!